No two clients are alike. That's why we have created a four-step process to ensure a perfect fit.
Our Case Managers
We currently employ a gerontologist and a registered nurse as case managers.
Case Manager Home VisitWe schedule a convenient home visit to assess your loved one’s needs.
Plan of CareWe present a written plan of care. All hours, services and fees are outlined clearly.
Caregiver MatchWe recommend a choice of 2-3 caregivers. You choose the one that best matches your loved one’s needs.
Case Manager VisitsWe visit periodically (via phone and in person) to personally assess your loved one’s case, and modify the level of care if necessary.
All of our caregivers/home care aides are employees, registered with the State of California, and experienced in home care. We also have Certified Nurses Assistants, Certified Home Health Aides, and retired LVN's and RN's employed as caregivers. Our caregivers/home care aides are:
- Thoroughly trained in areas of responsibility, safety in the home, fall prevention, emergency preparedness, assisting with activities of daily living and personal care, communication skills, and transporting an older adult.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia trained, in conjunction with Alzheimer's Orange County. This training includes the stages of dementia, behavioral changes, communication skills and tips to handle activities of daily living.
- Screened and background checked through LiveScan with FBI and DOJ Clearance.
- E-Verify with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Covered by Workers' Compensation insurance.
- Covered by Professional Liability insurance.
- English speaking. Many are multilingual.
- Licensed drivers with verified auto insurance.
- Drug/TB tested.
Caregiver qualifications vary by state due to licensing regulations. Please contact your local office for more information.
List of Services
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
- Answering Telephone
- Arranging Medical Appointments
- Baby Sitting
- Bathing / Showering
- Bill Payment
- Changing Linens
- Clothes Shopping
- Communicating with Family Members
- Dressing / Undressing
- Dusting & Vacuuming
- Errands & Appointments
- Escorting to Lunch / Dinner
- Escorting to Movies / Plays
- Escorting to Religious Services
- Escorting to Senior Centers
- Hospital & Rehab. Discharge Assistance
- Incontinent Care
- Laundry / Ironing
- LGBTQ Services
- Maintaining Calendars & Appointments
- Making Beds
- Meal Preparation / Clean Up
- Medication Reminders
- Nighttime Care
- Ordering Health Supplies
- Organizing Mail
- Personal Hygiene
- Picking up Dry Cleaning
- Picking up Prescriptions
- Playing Games
- Preparing Grocery Lists / Shopping
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Respite Care
- Shampooing & Brushing Hair
- Socializing and Activities
- Sponge Baths
- Stand By Bathing Assistance
- Taking out Garbage
- Traveling Companions
- Walking & Mobility Assistance
Initiating Contact With Home Health Service Providers
While Caring Companions At Home does not provide Home Health services to our clients, we work closely with local home health agencies that can provide our clients with treatment such as physical therapy, assistance with injections, and wound care. If you or your loved one require assistance in any of these areas, we are happy to facilitate contact between you and qualified health care professionals.
Outside Home Health services may include:
- Observation and Assessment
- Patient & Caregiver Teaching on Disease Management
- Diabetes Education & Management
- Wound Care Management
- Medication Management (IV and IM Meds)
- Drainage Tubes and / or Foley Catheters
- Pain Management
- Ostomy Care and Instruction
- Care of Central Venous Catheters
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Management
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) Management
- Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease Management
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Management
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) Management
- Parkinson's Disease Management
- Psychiatric Evaluation, Therapy, and Teaching
- Patient Education
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech & Language Pathology Therapy
Initiating Contact With Hospice Facilities
While Caring Companions At Home does not provide Hospice services to our clients, we work closely with Hospice facilities that will provide compassionate, individualized care for patients and their families. We will help our client find a Hospice facility that provides patients and their families with pain and symptom management, as well as psychological and spiritual support so that our clients can have peace, comfort and dignity.
Outside Hospice facility services may include:
- A nurse practitioner on-call 24 hours a day.
- Palliative care for pain control
- Symptom management for comfort
- Counseling and bereavement for patients and family
- Assist with memorial preparations
- Education for family regarding patient care and what to expect
- Prescription medications, medical equipment, and supplies related to the terminal diagnosis
- Assistance with insurance paperwork and other matters of financial concern
- A dietician to assess nutritional needs, provide information and implement a nutritional program
- Therapists to assess physical or communication needs
- Additional services that may be required to serve any individual patient